Air conditioning is essential on hot summer days, but as any homeowner knows, blasting the A/C to stay cool often also means a high energy bill at the end of the month. Fortunately, there are ways to cool your home for less. Here are a few ways to make your air conditioning system work more efficiently for you
Tips to Improve A/C Efficiency:
- Change your air filters. Over time, your air conditioning filters will become clogged with dirt and dust. Make sure that you are cleaning/changing these filters regularly, as when they are clogged, your air conditioning system will have to work harder to keep your home cool.
- Install a smart thermostat. Upgrade your current thermostat to a smart thermostat! This home thermostat makes it possible for you to adjust your home’s temperature no matter where you are. It learns your habits so that even if you forget to turn down the temperature at night, your thermostat will do it for you!
- Keep blinds closed during the day. Keep the blinds closed when you leave for work. This will help keep the hot sun from heating up your home when you aren’t there.
- Turn your thermostat up a few degrees. A few degrees can make a big difference in long term energy savings.
- Have a BBQ. Your kitchen oven gives off a lot of heat. BBQ outside on hot days to save on your energy bill and keep your home cool.
- Clean around your outdoor unit. Make sure that there are no overgrown bushes around your outdoor condenser. These can block airflow and keep your air conditioning system from working as efficiently.
Having trouble with your air conditioning system? We are here to help you with all of your A/C mechanical needs. If you live in Norwalk, Westport, New Canaan, or the surrounding area, contact us today at 203-866-4421!