Spring is around the corner; is your home prepared for the change of seasons? Follow these five steps from Devine Bros. Heating & Cooling, and it will be:
1. Clean your gutters. Spring showers are on the way, and if your gutters are clogged, rainwater can seep into your roof and foundation. Clean your gutters at the start of the season to divert rainwater away from your home and prevent water damage.
2. Care for your lawn. Great summer lawns are made in the spring months. Remove debris and dead grass from your lawn with a rake, then loosen up the soil. Lay down quality grass seeds, add fertilizer, and stay on top of your watering, and you will have a lush lawn before you know it.
3. Change your air filters. HVAC air filters should be cleaned or replaced every month. Dirty filters can restrict airflow, leading to increased wear-and-tear and higher energy bills. Refer to your owner’s manual for instructions on how to replace your filter.
4. Switch your ceiling fans. Set the blades on your ceiling fans to rotate counter-clockwise during the warmer months. This will gently push air down into the room and create a wind chill effect to help keep you cool.
5. Schedule an A/C tune up. Your air conditioner has been sitting idle for months, but soon you will use it almost every day. Make sure it’s ready for the sudden increased workload by having it professionally tuned up. In addition to preventing breakdowns, an A/C tune up can improve comfort and lower your energy bills.
If you live in Fairfield County, trust Devine Bros. to help get your home ready for the spring and summer months. We offer air conditioner repairs, installations, and tune ups, and have one of the largest inventories of landscaping supplies in southern Connecticut. If you live in Norwalk, Westport, New Canaan, or the surrounding area, call (203) 866-4421 today.