Every Connecticut homeowner has a heating system keeping their house warm, but how much attention do you pay to it? Here are five pieces of information that everyone should know, courtesy of the home heating experts at Devine Bros.
- If it smells like gas, shut it off fast! Heating equipment can emit many scents, but if it smells like gas, you could be in serious danger. Turn off your furnace ASAP, evacuate your home immediately, and contact your gas company so they can inspect for a leak.
- Heating equipment produces carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas which can be fatal in high doses. Keep your family safe by installing carbon monoxide detectors throughout your home, and having your heating system professionally inspected at the start of the season.
- Staying warm doesn’t have to be expensive. There are plenty of things you can do around the house to trim energy usage this winter. For example, every degree you turn down the thermostat can save you 5% on your heating bill. For more money-saving tips and ideas, click here.
- When it comes to home heating, you have options. Modern day homeowners have a plethora of options when it comes to heating their homes: including forced-air systems, radiators, baseboard heaters, heat pumps, and more. They can also choose their fuel type, whether that be heating oil, natural gas, electricity, or bioheat.
- Like your car, your heating system needs maintenance. If you want to get the most out of your heating system, annual maintenance is imperative. A professional tune-up can help lower energy consumption, improve heating capacity, and prevent future breakdowns.
Homeowners in Fairfield County, Connecticut can count on the HVAC professionals at Devine Bros. to keep them warm this winter. We offer a variety of home heating services, including furnace installations, repairs, tune-ups, and heating oil delivery. If you live in Norwalk, Westport, or New Canaan, call us today at (203) 866-4421.